Was ist WPF ?
Die Windows Presentation Foundation ist die Programmierschnittstelle (Application Programming Interface API) von Windows 7 und Vista.
Näheres im WPF-Kapitel der Vorlesung: ../Lectures/L05_OpenGL_DirectX/OGL_DX_d.htm.
What is WPF ?
The Windows Presentation Foundation is a class library for all sorts of Graphical User Interfaces GUIs and is the central Application Programming Interface API of Windows 7 and Vista. With WPF you can develop stand-alone EXEs and Frontends of distrubuted applications and browser applications.
WPF contains two APIs which can be arbitrarily mixed: You can write the pogram in C# or in XAML or both.
Prognosis: WPF will replace Windows-Forms.
1) WPF is a rich and highly structured tool box for Windows- and Web-GUIs.
2) WPF everywhere in form of Windows-GUI, as Web page and on mobile devices.
3) With Expression Studio and XAML beautiful GUIs and Web pages can be developed without programming.
4) WPF generates only vector graphics (except textures and videos) similar to Flash.
5) WPF renders in a very fast way at run time via DirectX.
1) It is hard to learn how to use the multiple rich and big class libraries.
2) It warps into useless graphic baubles of any sort.